A smile is one of most striking and inviting features of your face and conveys a lot about your personality. However, the sight of dry, chapped and almost ready to bleed lips is far from being anywhere near inviting. But the good news is, anyone can easily transform their unsightly and discomfit inducing lips into the lovely smooth puckers of everyone’s dreams with a little lip care. One of the basic and most important steps to achieve beautiful lips is scrubbing your lips with the best natural organic lip scrub available to you. We will let you know everything there is to lip scrubbing.
Benefits of Lip Scrubbing
- The top dead skin layer on your lips is what makes your lips look crusty and cracked. Scrubbing your lips gently on a regular interval takes off that layer and reveals the soft skin underneath.
- Exfoliating your lips will reveal the new skin which is better at retaining moisture for longer keeping your lips smooth.
- Exfoliating your lips gently will increase the blood circulation in the area and will naturally make your lips look plumper.
How to do it right?
- Apply a layer of good organic lip balm on your lips for as long as possible so the cracks heal as much as possible and the dry skin softens.
- Moisten you lips with warm water so the layer of dry, flaky dead skin softens further and loosen up.
- Take sufficient amount of a good organic lip scrub on the tip of your index finger and apply it all over your lips.
- Start massaging your lips gently in circular motion with the lip scrub and continue doing it for 2 minutes.
- Wash your lips with warm water and finally, apply a thick layer of organic lip balm to moisturize, nourish and protect your lips.
What to look for in a lip Scrub?
- Look for a lip scrub which is paraben free. Parabens are a bunch of synthetic preservatives used in many cheap cosmetic products which poses huge threats for our health which includes cancer and hormonal imbalance.
- Pick a lip scrub which uses bees wax as its key ingredients. Bees wax works as a protective barrier that helps prevent moisture loss from our lips. It also protects the thin, vulnerable skin of our lips from environmental assaults. Unlike petroleum jelly, bees wax does not clog your pores and lets your skin breathe even after applying a thick layer of it.
- Sugar scrubs are best to scrub your lips for three main reasons. Sugar is a rich source of glycolic acid which penetrates into the skin and encourages faster cell turnover generating smoother fresher skin. Sugar is a natural humectant so it traps moisture from the surrounding into your skin keeping it hydrated. And finally, the sugar granules are just right for gentle scrubbing of the skin.
- Kokum butter is a great moisturizer and speeds up skin regeneration making it ideal for your dry, chapped lips.
- Buy organic lip scrub with coconut oil or olive oil which is rich in vitamin E making them great moisturizers and keep your skin looking smooth and youthful.