Health-related problems and medical emergencies can pop-up anytime. These involuntary situations come announced and create havoc in everyone’s lives. For instance, take the Covid-19 pandemic. This unexpected event has made it essential for all to have a comprehensive health insurance policy.
Image Courtesy: Shutterstock
To deal with medical emergencies that catch you off-guard, you should have a health plan that will save the day. In case you already have one, then you should renew it on time. Considering this precarious time, it will be smart to have your health insurance renewed. And to make the procedure easier for you, most health insurance companies provide the facility of online renewal.
There are many benefits of opting for online renewal of your health insurance.
- Saves Time
The online renewal procedure for health insurance is simple and fast. You can opt for renewing it from the comfort of your home in almost no time. You can go through the renewal procedure online. You will get all the information online regarding the benefits you will get and the changes made to the health insurance plans.
- Easy to Compare
If you are thinking to change your health insurance provider while renewing, doing it online will be easier. Since all the insurance companies provide detailed information about their plans on their websites, it will be easy for you to compare. You can continue with the existing policy with policy renewal or choose a plan from another insurer.
- Saves Effort
It is essential to limit contacting people in person in these COVID times. If you opt for an offline health insurance renewal procedure, you will require time to meet the agent. You might have to travel to crowded offices, which is not safe. With online renewals, you only have to read through the procedure and click on the browser option. This quick and smooth process will hardly require any effort from your end.
- 24×7 Availability
The online portals are available at all times when you need to apply for the online renewal of health insurance. You will not have to wait for your insurance provider’s office to open and get your queries resolved. In the event of a policy renewal deadline, it will not be wise to wait. Most insurance companies provide all the necessary guidelines regarding the renewal procedure online.
Keeping in mind these benefits of opting for the online renewal of health insurance, you can make your choice. If you are wondering about how to go about the online renewal process, follow these steps:
- Go to your health insurance provider’s website. Provide the details of your previous policy, such as policy number and expiry date. After that, fill in the other required information.
- You can avail of the option of making the payment via debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- After your payment gets approved, you will be issued a digital signed copy of the policy. You can print the policy document anytime and retain it in paper form.
- After you renew the health insurance policy online, you will be provided with a username and password. In this way, you can check the details relevant to your policy online on your insurer’s website.
To make the online process more convenient, many insurance companies have mobile apps as well. The renewal process through the mobile app is as follows:
- The first step is to download the insurance company’s mobile application. Then log in using the said process.
- After you have accessed the account, you can look through the health insurance renewal procedure.
- Complete the process after reading and rechecking the policy wordings of your health insurance plan.
- Make the payment and renew the health insurance policy.
Thus, renew your health insurance plan online easily. However, if you have to buy a new policy, then opt for reputable companies like Tata AIG. If an event where you face any difficulty, you can contact them. Their teams of experts provide 24×7 assistance. Make sure you focus on personal safety while maintaining livelihood during these challenging times.